07 Jun Breakfast Rice Pudding
Rice pudding for breakfast? You better believe it. I enjoy warm breakfast cereals and oatmeals, especially in the fall and winter months. This adds a new twist to a hot cereal breakfast. If you are sick of the regular oatmeal in the morning, give rice pudding a try. It is SO easy and takes hardly any time at all. Most of the ingredients are probably already in your kitchen.
Combine water, maple syrup, and vanilla into a saucepan. Stir in bananas and fruit.
Next, add cinnamon and nutmeg. Reduce heat and simmer until fruit is tender.
Stir in cooked rice and milk.
Cook until liquid absorbs. Serve warm.
- 2 c. cooked brown rice
- 1 c. almond milk
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 c. berries or fruit of choice (frozen or fresh)
- 1⁄4 c. water
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. nutmeg
- Slice bananas and fruit.
- Mix water, maple syrup, and vanilla in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir in sliced bananas and fruit.
- Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg and simmer.
- Reduce heat and cook until fruit is tender or thawed.
- Stir in cooked rice and pour in milk.
- Cook on low for 5-10 minutes. Liquid should be absorbed. Serve warm. If desired, top with additional fresh fruit.