07 Jun Gluten Free Breadsticks
I converted this recipe to be gluten free, but it wouldn’t have to be. Feel free to adapt it to your specific needs. They are easy and a family favorite! This recipe is quick and easy to have cooking while you make some pasta or zucchini noodles. Serve with fresh marinara sauce.
Combine yeast, water, honey, and salt. Stir in flour.
This is what the dough will look like. Remember it is gluten free and will not resemble normal bread dough. It will be sticky and wet. Don’t worry. Do your best to spread out the dough on a cookie sheet. I use a spatula.
With a knife, cut the dough into strips. Brush with olive oil and season. Let rise.
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ c. warm water
- 1 tbsp. yeast
- 2 tbsp. honey, agave, or other sweetener of choice
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- *3 ½ c. gluten free flour blend
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine water, yeast, honey and salt. Let it sit for 5 minutes or until yeast starts to bubble. Stir and add flour.
- Pour batter on greased cookie sheet. Remember this is gluten free, so the texture will be different from regular dough and will be “sticky.” Don’t panic. Spread dough to fit cookie sheet. Brush with olive oil and cut into strips.
- Generously sprinkle sticks with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. If not dairy free, feel free to sprinkle with parmesan, mozzarella, or cheddar cheese.
- Let rise, 15-20 minutes.
- Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in fridge and reheat before heating. (Brown rice has the tendency to go rancid more quickly).