26 Jun Crockpot Pineapple Chicken
If you are short on time, but still want a well balanced, fresh tasting meal this is the crockpot recipe for you. It has low preparation time and is a crowd pleaser. Both of my little boys ate this right up.
Crockpot Pineapple Chicken
Author: Brooke Law
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1½ c. fresh pineapple chunks
- green onions and chopped cashews, for serving
- ¼ c. reduced sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ¼ c. water
- 4-6 tbsp. honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2 tbsp. pineapple juice, reserved from fresh
- 1½ tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. ginger
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp. water
- Cut chicken breasts into 1” cubes.
- Pour oil into bottom of the crockpot and place chicken cubes on top.
- Dic red bell pepper and add to crockpot.
- Peel, core, and cut pineapple. Save pineapple juice. Place 1½ c. pineapple into crockpot.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- To make sauce, combine soy sauce (or alternative), water, pineapple juice, rice vinegar, and ginger in a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- In a bowl, stir water and cornstarch mixture. Add to crockpot and stir.
- Serve over rice or quinoa. Top with cashews and green onions.