26 Jun Easy Gluten Free Crackers
These crackers are so simple. They have only a handful of ingredients. Whether you are gluten free or not, these crackers are SO SO SO simple and are delicious. When my little boy Carter started having food allergies, I wasn’t sure what to do. What should I take for snacks to the park? I needed something to have on the go, but didn’t want to pay a fortune for gluten/dairy/soy free crackers. Plus, so many crackers are just processed with garbage. When I came across this recipe I didn’t think they would turn out. Homemade crackers? Seems too good to be true, but these crackers turn our EVERYtime I make them. My family members said they looked like bird food, but when they have them a try, they were surprised at how yummy they are. These are inexpensive crackers that are packed with protein, are kid friendly, and great for those with or without food allergies.
- ¼ c. unsalted chopped cashews (I throw them in my vitamix at variable speed 2-3)
- ¼ c. unsalted sunflower seeds
- ¼ c. flax seeds
- ¼ c. chia seeds
- ¼ tsp. xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ c. water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix nuts and seeds.
- Add spices and xanthan gum.
- Stir in water.
- Spread on baking sheet and press down with hands. Should be about ⅛ inch thick.
- May need to sprinkle with more water press seed/nut mixture flat.
- Bake at 300 for 25-30 minutes.
The last time I made them, my son didn't like the flax seeds and their texture. If you are making them for little ones, try using different nuts and larger seeds such as the sunflower seeds instead of the smaller seeds like flax and chia.