02 Jul Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Fall is my favorite season and pumpkin is a big part of that. I love anything pumpkin. I cook my own pumpkin, blend it in my vitamix, and store it in my freezer so I can enjoy pumpkin all year long. This is a gluten free pumpkin spice pancake. These are my 15 month old’s favorite. They are oh so yummy. Hope you enjoy them too! I adapted the recipe from
(I just like mine with some more spice).
- ½ c. sorghum flour
- ¼ c. potato starch
- ¼ c. tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. xanthum gum
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 eggs (can use flax substitute)
- 1 tbsp. oil
- ¾ c. milk of choice
- ⅓ c. pumpkin
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add eggs (or flax), oil, milk, and pumpkin. Stir to combine.
- Add more milk or flour to meet desired consistency.
- Cook on greased griddle or pan
- Top with fresh fruit (bananas, peaches) or with pure maple syrup
**I usually double this recipe and freeze extra pancakes individually for future use. I use them for breakfast and I also use them for bread/sandwiches. Carter enjoys them with nut butter and honey. He also likes to snack on them plain.