03 Jul Kale Pear Salad
Tired of the usual spinach or lettuce salad? Switch it up by using kale. This is a simple, fresh, and satisfying salad. I love all of the different flavors offered in this salad. The maple dressing is a must so don’t swap it out. This is a great lunch idea and also makes a great side dish to balance a meal.
- 2 large handfuls of kale leaves, washed and de-stemmed
- 1 large ripe pear
- ½ c. chickpeas
- handful of walnuts or sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Wash kale, de-stem leaves and cut into small pieces.
- Wash, core, and cut pear into small squares.
- Wash and rinse chickpeas.
- Toss kale, quinoa, chickpeas, and pears. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Drizzle with maple vinaigrette dressing.