03 Jul Nuts About Berries Salad
Zupas is a popular go to lunch stop. I myself am a fan. Their nuts about berries salad is one of my favorites. However, the dressing is loaded with sugar, so I decided to try a healthier twist to the salad. I previously had used my own version of Zupas poppyseed, but I didn’t think the dressing was all that. I later came across a raspberry vinaigrette dressing that I thought was much better. It really compliments the berries in the salad. It is sweetened naturally with fresh raspberries and then enhanced with honey. I got the dressing from, Fav Family Recipes
- 4 c. chopped romaine lettuce
- 6-8 strawberries, washed and cut
- 1 large handful of blueberries, washed
- 1 handful of blackberries
- ⅓ c. almonds
- 1⁄4 c. vinegar
- 1⁄2 c. raspberries
- 1 ½ tbsp. honey/agave/or sweetener of choice
- 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Wash and chop lettuce
- Wash and cut strawberries.
- Wash blackberries and blueberries.
- Toss ingredients in a bowl and drizzle with dressing.