06 Jul Smashed Chickpea Sandwich
This is a great recipe if you are stuck on what to make for lunch. It’s a great way to mix things up if you are tired of the same old peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. It is high in protein and favored with healthy fats. Both my 3 year old and 18 month old enjoyed these sandwiches for lunch. This was made with my everyday gluten free bread or my gluten free sandwich bread.
- 8 slices gluten free bread
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinse
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1-2 large tomatoes
- Smash avocado and garbanzo beans together.
- Add lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Spread chickpea mixture onto 4 slices of bread.
- Add tomatoes and spinach and top each bread with another slice to make four sandwiches.