07 Jul Vegan Apple Crisp
We recently moved to Mapleton, UT in October. We got here just in time to enjoy two of our apple trees. We had so many apples. For weeks, I was canning, drying, making applesauce, and cooking apples. It’s a lot of work, but it’s worth it. I love picking apples and enjoy cooking with them in the fall. This warm dessert is a perfect dessert for a crisp fall evening.
- 4 c. peeled, thinly sliced apples (can use homemade canned apples)
- ¼ c. orange juice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- dash of salt
- 1 ½ tbsp. oil
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ c. gluten free rolled oats
- ½ c. almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine apples and orange juice.
- To make crumb topping, in a separate bowl, combine oats, baking powder, baking soda, almond flour, oil, salt, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Spray an 8x8 dish. Pour in apples.
- Sprinkle oat mixture on top of apples.
- Cook at 350 for 25 minutes. Cover with foil and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
Sometimes I like to 1 ½ times the crust to give it more topping.
If using fresh apples, cooking time may take longer. If using canned, cooking time mae be reduced.