07 Jul Vegan Sweet Potato Ice Cream
Sweet potato ice cream? Vegan ice cream? I know it sounds a little strange, but promise me, it is divine. I love making ice cream in my Vitamix, because I don’t need an ice cream maker, and I don’t need to wait a hundred years for it to set in the freezer. This is instant ice cream people. You need to try this.
- ½ - ¾ c. cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 1 c. all natural creamy peanut butter
- ½ c. pure maple syrup
- 1 can "lite" canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4-6 c. ice
- Put all ingredients into a high power blender. Blend on high and use a tamper to help mix ingredients. It should be a thick consistency.
- Start with 4 c. ice and add additional ice if needed.
- Serve immediately. Optional: top with vegan chocolate sauce