16 Sep No Bake Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Granola bars are delicious. They are also dairy free as well. If you or your child has several allergies, then you know the hardship of having healthy tasty snacks. They can be almost impossible to find at the store. If you are lucky enough to find something, it cost a fortune! Here is an expensive way to make your very own granola bars.
Homemade granola bars are the perfect snack. They are easy to make and don’t require any baking. Simply mix the ingredients and then store in the fridge. Convenient after school snack. My kids gobbled these right up. They are much healthier than the store bought version and probably save you some money as well. A snack that doesn’t contain a bunch of sodium or preservatives.
Combine nut butter, honey, and vanilla. Depending on the nut butter, it may need to be microwaved for a few seconds. Pulse oats (gluten free certified) in a blender. I used my Vitamix and used the dry ingredients blender. This is the one I use to make my flours. For this recipe, any blender type will work.
Be careful not to pulse too much. It shouldn’t resemble a flour consistency. It should still have oat “chunks.”
I used the Malt o Meal brand of Rice Krispies. They don’t contain Barley or malt. They are gluten free. Please check labels. Rice Krispies may sound gluten free, but don’t be fooled. Most brands are not. The Malt O Meal brand does contain sugar and corn syrup, so if avoiding those than look for an organic option. I haven’t been able to find anything at my local grocery stores.
Combine oats, flax seeds, and Rice Krispies.
Pour nut butter mixture into bowl. Stir to combine.
Line baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Store in fridge for an hour. Cut into strips or squares. Makes 15 servings.
- 1 c. Rice Krispie cereal (organic brand for no additional sugars added)
- ½ c. honey or maple syrup
- ¾ c. peanut butter or preferred nut butter
- 2 c. oats (gluten free certified)
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ c. flax seed
- Optional: ½ c. mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Brand)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon and ⅓ c. raisins
- ⅓ c. nut of choice
- ¼ c. shredded coconut
- Combine nut butter and honey. Stir to combine.
- Add vanilla.
- In a blender, pulse oats until chopped. Don't pulse too much or it will turn into a flour consistency.
- In a bowl, combine oats and Rice Krispies.
- Stir in flax seeds
- Pour nut butter mixture in bowl. Stir in combine.
- Line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- With a spatula, scrap mixture out of bowl into the baking dish. Spread until smooth.
- Store in refrigerator for an hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into slices.
If avoiding soy, check nut butter labels. Many peanut butters contain soy.