10 Oct Coconut Rice (Instant Pot, Stovetop)
Coconut Rice (Instant Pot, Stovetop) is so easy! It can be made in a rice cooker, instant pot, or over the stove. It takes less than 30 minutes and makes an excellent side dish to any meal. I paired it with my Mango Chicken Rice Bowls and it was delicious! Lately I’ve been using my Instant Pot and it is seriously the greatest. I just love how quickly it can cook everything. I got my Instant Pot on Amazon Prime day and next to my Vitamix, it is my new favorite appliance. I know the Instant Pot is the new rage, but there is a reason for it. Seriously the best. Try one out.
- 2 c. jasmine rice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1½ c. water
- cilantro (optional)
- Rinse jasmine rice and drain any excess water.
- Place 1 c. jasmine rice into the pressure cooker. Pour in 1 can coconut milk and 1½ c. water. Stir rice and liquids together. Season with salt.
- Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes + 10 minutes Natural Release.
- After steam releases, open and fluff rice with a fork and serve with favorite dish.
- In a medium sized pot, rinse the jasmine rice. Drain any excess water.
- Add the coconut milk, water, and season with salt.
- On high heat, allow rice mixture to boil. Once it starts to boil, turn the heat down to low and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Fluff and serve. If desired, garnish with chopped cilantro.