19 Oct Healthy Gluten Free, Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are probably my favorite cookie of all time. That is a very bold statement, but it is true. I am deeply in love with just about anything pumpkin. Before I made this recipe, I hadn’t had a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie in years! How sad is that? Don’t ask me why I deprived myself so long, but I am VERY happy to report this recipe was an absolute success. I could not wait to share the Healthy Gluten Free, Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe with all of you. I know you are going to love it. Moist, flavorful, and loaded with chocolate chips. I used my favorite Enjoy Life mini semi sweet chocolate chips. Any chocolate chips will do, but if you have any food allergy or intolerance and haven’t tried Enjoy Life, you are missing out. They taste just like a “regular” chocolate chip, and come on, how cute are those mini chocolate chips? LOVE them. Did I mention that these cookies use zero eggs? Big win for me. Those darn eggs are always my challenge. These are refined sugar free, gluten free, vegan, and dairy free. Don’t let that scare you away. They are sooo simple to make and everyone will enjoy them.
*Note: The chocolate chips do contain sugar. If avoiding sugars, simply leave out chocolate and enjoy a pumpkin cookie!
I played around with the cookies, and found the best result by smashing the cookies down with a spoon before baking. As you can see, if they aren’t smashed, the cookies won’t “fall” and will look more like a cookie ball.
Be careful not to smash the cookies too much.
- 2 c. gluten free flour blend
- ¼ c. maple syrup or honey
- ¼ c. molasses
- ⅔ c. pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp. oil
- ½ tbsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. soda plus 1 tbsp. vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum, if not in gluten free flour blend
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ⅓-1/2 c. chocolate chips (Mini Semi-Sweet Enjoy Life Brand)
- Combine gluten free flour blend, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and xanthan gum if needed.
- Stir in pumpkin, honey, molasses, vanilla, and 3 oil into flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, put 1 tbsp. of vinegar over 1 tsp of soda. Let it sit. The mixture should fizz. Pour it into pumpkin dough.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips, if desired.
- With a cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Cooking time may vary depending on cookie size.