28 Oct Halloween Deviled Eggs
Halloween deviled eggs make the perfect appetizer or finger food for any Halloween get together. They are simple to make and great for those with food sensitivities. Plus, how cute and festive are they? My husband might have rolled his eyes over my so called “cheesy-ness” but my four year old devoured them and said, “Mom! I want these every day.” They use mayo, but a little smashed avocado could also be substituted. The green color would also be fun for Halloween.
Boil the eggs for 15 minutes, cool, and peel of shell. Cut in half.Carefully scoop out yolks. Place yolks in a bowl. Stir in mayo, mustard, and paprika.
Mash egg yolk mixture.Dye mixture with a few drops of orange (optional).
Scoop yolk mixture back into yolks and add a chive for a stem.
- 6 boiled eggs
- 3 tbsp. mayo
- 2 tsp. mustard
- red food coloring (optional
- Place 6 eggs in a pot of water. Put pan over high heat and bring water to a rolling boil.
- Cook eggs for 15 minutes.
- Drain eggs and put in a bowl filled with ice water.
- Once eggs are cool, remove shell.
- Cut eggs in half and scoop out yolks.
- Place yolks in a bowl. Mash yolks with mayo and mustard. Sprinkle with paprika.
- If desired, drop a few drops of red food coloring to create an orange pumpkin look.
- Scoop yolk mash back into egg whites.
- Top with chive and more paprika, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy