06 Nov Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes
Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes are a much healthier alternative to traditional mashed potato recipes. There isn’t any cream, oil, butter, or milk added. Potatoes are flavored with chicken or vegetable broth and seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, and chives. They are anything but bland. I created the recipe as a simple, healthy side dish to Thanksgiving. If you are looking for healthy alternatives, or feeding individuals with special diet needs, give this recipe a try.
Wash and cut 3 lb. of potatoes into fourths (if desired, peel potatoes before cutting)
Boil potatoes in a large pot with 1/2 tsp. salt. Remove from heat. Add 1 c. chicken broth. Use a hand mixer to mash potatoes. Be care fun to mix too much. Potatoes will be soupy. Once desired consistency is reached, season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.Garnish with chives and enjoy.
- 3 lb. potatoes
- 1 c. chicken or vegetable broth
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- chives, to garnish
- Wash potatoes and cut into fourths or small chunks. (Peel if desired).
- In a large pot, boil potatoes with ½ tsp. salt.
- Cook and cover potatoes for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain and place potatoes in a large bowl. Add 1 c. broth and mix with a hand mixer on low until smooth. Be careful not to over blend. Potatoes will turn soupy.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Garnish with fresh chives and serve.